They say that genius and eccentricity go together. Perhaps that’s why these creative geniuses required
- Rudyard Kipling would only write when he had black ink in his pen.
- Ludwig von Beethoven poured ice water over his head when he sat down to compose music, believing it stimulated his brain.
- Charles Dickens wrote (and slept) facing north, aligning himself with the poles of the earth.
- Gioachino Rossini covered himself with blankets when he composed.
- Valentin Proust worked in bed and only in a soundproof room.
Categories: Art, Eccentrics, Literature, Music
Leave a Reply